Saturday, December 30, 2017

The year that was...

I'm going to attempt to encapsulate my year in as few words as possible. I was a sessional tutor of Indigenous students in first semester at the University of Melbourne, had influenza for the first time in fifteen years and during the year was diagnosed with osteoporosis, a heart murmer and various other health issues to add to the existing list. I began my Old Knitter of Black Wool project about ageing, photographed women's hands, spoke to women over the age of fifty, but eventually gave up on the whole idea as non sustainable, in that I didn't want to dwell on the negative. I gave up going to the gymnasium and opted instead for taking long morning walks. In early August through to mid October I began using the Victorian train network and visited Elthan, Sandringham, Altona, Port Melbourne, Willamstown beach and Geelong. I ventured further afield to Castlemaine, Ballarat, Bendigo, Morwell and twice to Seymour. By undertaking this I managed to overcome some long held phobias. I took hundreds of photographs of our beautiful rural landscape. On my return from these trips I did a number of drawings and paintings. I did a Deleuzian reading/writing of Leonie Osowski's crochet project, which will be included in an esotetic book soon to be published. Academia. edu has reported to me that 303 people from 51 countries have read my papers, that is, essays and academic articles I posted on their site. I consider I've had a productive year and look forward to 2018. I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have visited my blog and wish for you all much happiness for the coming year. The paintings I've posted here were done in November and December.




No comments:

Post a Comment